I thought about continuing to blog through the summer; I thought about all the funny, sometimes off-topic, things I could write about, but ultimately, it's summer vacation. Let's live it up, step away from the laptops, and do something adventurous. Or relaxing. Whatever you prefer.
Hope you all are having a great summer, and if not, I hope it gets better. Here are a few things I'm dealing with/experiencing, or will be dealing with/experiencing...
- coping with cabin fever, which is something you expect to deal with over the winter, but when you're a super white, blonde person with an even whiter, blonder baby AND you live in a part of the country experiencing insane heat and sun, you kind of have to stay inside a lot.
- our first beach trip with the Bug, which occurred on an overcast day, required LOTS of sunblock, sun hats, and a canopy, and overall was a success. We hope to take a few more trips to the beach this summer.
- dealing with pin worm, not that any of us have it... yet, but it's been reported at daycare. I am on worm alert and spending way too much time examining my baby's butt and her diapers.
- technically being unemployed. Yeah, I have yet to be rehired for next year (something new that part-timers must put up with in our county).
- taking our first road trip with the Bug back to the Adirondacks of New York. It'll be a 10-12 hour drive, but we're off to visit family so I guess it's going to be worth it.
- doing some work on the bloggy blog, hopefully. I hope to get to it. I'm craving some change.
- celebrating the Bug's first birthday. I can't believe it's been almost a year already. Where does the time go.
- cleaning and organizing and baby-proofing the house. The Bug is mobile. 'Nuff said.
- reading a few books. I'm trying to branch out from my usual authors (Stephen King, Christopher Moore, Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill...). Any suggestions? (and if you say "50 Shades of Grey" or anything relating to the Twilight series and The Hunger Games, I might have to block you from this blog)
- catching up on Netflix. Although I'm kind of disappointed by their lack of options right now.
- lunching with friends. If I can ever pin them down!
- occupying myself while the Bug is at daycare. There's only so much cleaning a person can do before losing their mind.
At any rate, that's my summer. Before I go though, I want to get your opinion on something. I started a post about this, but never finished it, and then my ideas fizzled out, but this business was recently brought to my attention. I have a very strong opinion about it, but I want to hear yours. Check it out, Canvas and Cocktails.
Enjoy your summer! See you in the Fall!